I will leave Kodiak on the Alaska Marine Highway. I will arrive in Homer, Alaska and ride up through Soldotna, Kenai, Anchorage, Palmer, and Wasilla before backtracking to Whittier, Alaska. There I'll take the Alaska Marine Highway to Juneau, AK. Then another ferry to Ketchikan before heading down to Bellingham, Washington.
I'll travel through Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida. I am using the Adventure Cyclist established trans-America route with modifications to bring me in proximity to 515 Subway restaurants. I hope to get local sponsorship of most of them.
It might even be better to get corporate sponsorship for the whole trip. That may be hoping too high. One thing is for sure. I have already learned how to:
- Identify and acquire needed assets and resources;
- Establish professional communications with business;
- Establish relationships with bicycle clubs and shops across America;
- Design and implement a marketing plan; and
- Research and study American geography and history.
I hope to grow my skills of film and recording proper sound along the way.